Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary Coorg Entry Fee
- 50 per person for Adults
- 25 per person for Children
Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary Coorg Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 42 reviews
Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary Coorg Address: Kappimala - Paithalmala Rd, Vellad, Karnataka, 670571, India
An ideal location for wildlife enthusiasts, the Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best sanctuaries to visit in Coorg that provides a perfect weekend retreat for people looking to be amidst nature and spend some time with a diverse range of animals.
Sprawling over an area of 181 square km, the sanctuary, surrounded by coffee and cardamom plantations, boasts a variety of evergreen and semi-evergreen forests along with many species of fauna that are worth watching.
Some of them include Barking Deer, Malabar Giant Squirrel, Mouse Deer, Jungle Cat, Tiger, Sloth Bear, Lion-Tailed Macaque, Wild Pig, Spotted Deer, Gaur, Elephant, Bonnet Macaque, Giant Flying Squirrel, etc. Other than these, you can also spot reptiles like King Cobra, Python, and Cobra with exciting birds such as Black Bulbul, Malabar Trogon, and Emerald Dove to make the most of your visit.
Things to do in Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, Coorg
Out of many things to do in Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, there are a few that are a must-try for all types of travelers. These are as follows:
1. Trekking: Trek to the Brahmagiri Peak from Iruppu Falls to bring out the best of adventure in you. Situated atop the sanctuary, the trekking trail to the peak goes through different river streams and dense forests and is of moderate level for trekkers. The ideal time to undertake this trek would be from October to May as it’s the peak season of the year.
2. Wildlife Safari: Try your hand at Wildlife Safari to have a close interaction with the animals. During the safari tour, you’ll roam around the sanctuary in an open jeep, which is surely a great way to have the time of your life here at this sanctuary. Please note that the Jeep Safari is free for children below 5 years of age.
3. Photography: Capture some amazing natural beauty shots to woo your followers on your social media feed. The Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary offers a surreal setting with a picture-perfect backdrop for photographers to click the pictures of tropical plants, colorful flowers, and a lot of wildlife.
Entry Fee and Timings of Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, Coorg
The entry fee to visit Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is INR 50 per person for adults and INR 25 per person for children. Speaking of its timings, it can be explored at any time between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM on all days. The recommended exploration time would be 2-3 hours.
Travel Tips for Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, Coorg
- Refrain from littering the place. Dispose of the waste in the bins.
- Do not feed the animals as it can be dangerous for you and your family members.
- Wear appropriate shoes to enjoy your visit to the fullest.
- Always carry enough drinking water to keep yourself hydrated all the time.
Best Time to Visit Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, Coorg
October to February is the ideal time to head toward the Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary in Coorg. Why? Because this is the winter season and during winter, the days are warm with an average temperature range between 20 degrees Celsius to 29 degrees Celsius, making it appropriate for tourists to soak in its scenic beauty and have a memorable time.
How to Reach Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, Coorg?
Lying at a distance of nearly 85 km away from Coorg is the Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary. That simply means that once you reach this hill station, you’ll need to book a rental taxi either from Ola/Uber or from the list of top car rental companies in Coorg to enjoy hassle-free traveling to your desired destination in your utmost comfort. Not only is it preferred by many tourists but is also convenient for people of all ages.
The following are 3 different ways to go to Coorg:
By Air: Mysore Airport is the nearest domestic airport for domestic travelers and it is only 120 km away. If you’re an international tourist, you can choose to fly down to either the Mangalore International Airport or the Bangalore International Airport. While the Mangalore Airport receives frequent flights from the Middle East Sector, the Bangalore Airport has flights from almost all over the world.
By Train: Just like the air terminal, Coorg doesn’t have a railway station. So, all those planning to travel by train can catch a train to Mysore or Bangalore Railway Station. Both the stations maintain great connectivity to the metro cities of India by rail and hence, receive a huge crowd of people from all walks of life.
By Road: Lastly, traveling by road to Coorg is a kind of experience that everyone should experience at least once, if not twice. The route that takes you directly to this hill station is no less than heaven for nature buffs as you get to see the verdant mountains, stunning landscapes, and pleasant weather throughout the time.
Need any help with your Coorg tour? Get in touch with our professionals. We at Coorg Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, offer different types of Coorg tour packages to cater to everyone’s varied holiday needs. Depending on your 1-day, 2-day, or 3-day visit to Coorg, our travel packages can also be tailored along with the itinerary so that you can explore the best sightseeing places in Coorg. Please fill out the Contact Us form to know more about our services in detail.